jueves, 10 de febrero de 2011

"Who wrote Holden Caulfield"

• Purple- Song lyrics “Who wrote Holden Caulfield”
• Black- Quotes from the book “The catcher in the rye”
• Blue- Explanation
“There's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy”- After the school kicked him out he went to his room and hung out doing nothing. “They kicked me out. I wasn’t supposed to come back after Christmas vacation, on account of I was flunking four subjects and not applying myself and all.” (Salinger, 4)
“There's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy”- Holden considered the people around him at Elkton Hill’s “phony” and since he didn’t want to be with them he decided to give up and quit. “I didn’t have too much difficulty at Elkton Hills... I didn’t exactly flunk out or anything. I just quit, sort of” (Salinger, 13)
“Someone help him up or he's gonna end up quitting”- Old Spencer tried to transmit Holden some responsibility, reminding him it’s a different world out there when you are on your own. “I’d like to put some sense in that head of yours, boy. I’m trying to help you. I’m trying to help you if I can.” (Salinger, 14)
“Well it hasn't been the first time, and it sure does drive me mad” He has been expelled from other schools before. “If I’m not mistaken, I believe you also had some difficulty at the Whooton School and at Elkton Hills.” (Salinger, 13)

Michelle Siano and Tamara Gutverg.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario